Emergency warning: family home at risk
The Bendigo Bunch – six councillors and the CEO – are obsessed with selling the council offices and land in Lyttleton Terrace to the State Government, knocking down the building and becoming a high-rent paying tenant in branch office GovHub for decades.
• Hand over the title of your home to government for cost of the land and see it demolished?
• Hand back the sale cheque to pay for new owners fitting out the building?
• Agree to rent forever a new home on the land you once owned while the developer and new owner make millions of dollars?
• Agree to do this against the recommendations of one of the most reputable consultancy firms in the country?
• Ask to see the business plan and want to be consulted on the sale of your home before council made a decision?
• Not divulge to family what rent will be paid on what was once the site of your family home.
• Refuse to consult your family and when they do ask questions, fob them off.